Echo/Raindrops – Public Art Project by Dan Corson
Technifex engineered and fabricated the fiber optic arrays and control system. 1960 fiber optic points were embedded into polished black concrete. The fibers are housed in PVC tubing and clear acrylic rods. Motion sensors trigger multiple pre-programmed sequences.
- Technifex Scope of Work: Fiber Optic Engineering, Fabrication and Installation, Control System
- Client: State of Washington
- Contractor: Totem Electric of Tacoma, Inc.
- Artist / Designer: Dan Corson
- Location: East Capitol Campus, Washington State
- Opened: 2005